For over 75 years, Pacific Press Technologies has been a leader in press and press brake machinery solutions due to the unmatched quality, and customizations tailored for each customer.
Pacific knows that staying competitive in today’s global market can be difficult. The key to a successful business? Offering unique and superior solutions that others cannot. That is how Pacific provides a superior experience from others in the market. Our experts work with customers to develop a customized production solution that meets the challenges of your business and helps give you a leg up against the competition.
WHO IS PACIFIC?
Unlike their competitors who provide “off-the-shelf” equipment, Pacific specializes in building machines that are truly suited to each customer’s application and production requirements. Pacific’s experts take the time to fully understand our customer’s business, its challenges, and its budget before recommending the right combination of equipment to fit their needs. Pacific’s product lines are fully supported by our staff of locally based, OEM trained service technicians with access to thousands of in-stock parts.
Since merging with sister company MULTIPRESS, the two brands now offer a full range of hydraulic press solutions, ranging in size from 1 ton to 3,000 tons. For over 75 years, Pacific is proud to say that the company is still American-owned, and every machine continues to be made in the USA. With the priority always on our customers and partners, we have worked with many different types of businesses over the years, with thousands of installations across North America.
HOW DOES PACIFIC DO IT?
Customers face many challenges in their metal fabrication businesses including the growing and changing of their customer needs, low/slow production rates and unreliable tolerances. Pacific understands that these and other challenges may come up and is here to help! Our proven process means every customer receives the exact machine they need for their application and production requirements – every time.
WHAT IS PACIFIC’S PROVEN 5-STEP PROCESS?
STEP 1: Identify Your Custom Solution
As the premier custom press and press brake provider, Pacific’s experts work with their customer’s business to develop the right solution for their production requirements.
STEP 2: Custom Engineer Your Machine
Pacific’s experts take the time to fully understand their customer’s requirements and develop a custom-design for a perfect fit – every time.
STEP 3: Production
Building America, from the heart of America. Every Pacific machine is built to their customer’s specifications at their facility in Mount Carmel, Illinois, USA.
STET 4: Install, Train & Run
Factory trained, USA-based service technicians are here to help get their customer’s machine installed, their team trained, and their production up and running in no time.
STEP 5: SOLUTIONS, DELIVERED
Pacific has a lot of happy customers! But do not just take our word for it, here are just a few testimonials from our happy customers:
“As far as recommending Pacific press brakes, I would – absolutely!”
– Southeast Fabricators, Inc.
“They are a high-quality operation that always builds high products and stands by them, and are always ready to help with technical issues.”
– Northeastern Manufacturing
“We are very happy with our Pacific machines. They have been in production a long time and continue to deliver today.”
– Gilbarco Veeder-Root
CASE STUDY: PACIFIC’S PROCESS WORKS FOR AUTOMOTIVE CUSTOMER
Here is a real-world example of how Pacific helped a North American Tier 1 automotive supplier company decrease expenses and reduce cycle times. The supplier was looking for a faster efficient method of developing their rack and pinion gear set. In addition, they were looking to move all this work back in-house. Prior to working with Pacific, the client was outsourcing a large portion of this job due to capacity constraints.
Pacific’s experts determined there were four (4) addressable issues:
- 3-set cycle process– The existing process caused long cycle times (5 minutes), inconsistent results, and high manufacturing expenses.
- Long changeover time for different models – The manufacturer was changing dies multiple times a day, spending up to an hour on each die change. Significant production time was lost to tooling changes.
- Material feed and handling system – The facility relied on an operator to load and unload the parts manually. This led to excessive material handling, and a bottleneck within the production process.
- High scrap rates – The current process had a high scrap rate driving up the cost per part.
- High tonnage press – A high tonnage press was designed specifically for the customer’s products, providing consistent, more accurate gear formation. This solution decreased scrap rates, reduced cycle times to 90 sec per part, and reduced manufacturing expenses.
- Robotic material delivery system – A robot was used to load and unload parts. This solution greatly reduced cycle times (more accurate part positioning), scrap rates, and material handling costs.
- Custom die change system – A custom die change system was created. originally reduced the costs per part, increased output and made die changes quick and easy. This solution reduced die change over time from 1 hour to just 15 minutes.
Now that’s SOLUTIONS, DELIVERED!
Click HERE to learn more about this case study and why Pacific is the right choice for you!
At Pacific, our press and press brake expertise and flexibility allow us to manufacture and customize a machine to meet your fabrication and production needs. To set yourself apart in a competitive industry, contact our sales team today to get started.