How Pacific's Tandem Hydraulic Press Brake is Helping G.E. Mathis Co. Take Their Precision Metal Fabrication Business to the Next Level
Pacific Tandem FK Series Press Brakes
Objectives & Background
- A fourth generation repeat customer approached Pacific Press seeking for a press brake solution that could form especially long parts while maintaining a short set up time for maximum productivity.
- Since the customer’s existing press brake had only a 500-ton capability to form 40 ft. parts, they wanted a more robust machine that could bend much longer parts, allowing them to expand their forming and bending services.
- Having previously purchased and worked with Pacific machinery, the customer decided to add a Pacific tandem press break to their existing production line.
- Pacific custom designed a tandem press brake that included two Fabri-K series 825-ton brakes. Each machine is 24 ft. long, with special throat depth and throat height to meet the customer’s specifications.
- The tandem press brakes work together to bend significantly longer parts; up to 48 ft. in length. This represents over a 20% increase in the customer’s capability.
- To reduce operator set up time, Pacific designed these tandem press brakes with a 7 axis backgauge in each machine to allow for gauging of the part and eliminating the need for operators to supply scribe lines.
Value to the Customer
- The customer received two new Pacific FK series 825-ton tandem press brakes (total of 1650-ton), 48 ft. in overall length, equipped with the latest software and technologies. The solution enables the customer to drastically increase their production output and overall capabilities.
- The machines are designed with operator safety in mind. The anti-whip circuit feature slows down the speed of the ram to reduce the tip velocity when forming long parts. This feature is important when bending long pieces, since “whip-up” can be very dangerous to the operator and back bend can deform the sheet or plate as well.
- The press operating control is the most advanced 3D press brake control in the marketplace, providing a simple and complete solution. Operator can program parts in the engineering office and download to the press brake, download a CAD drawing to the control or manually input the drawing requirements at the control.
Now that’s SOLUTIONS, DELIVERED.
Example of Pacific FK Series 825-ton Tandem Press Brakes