|TANDEM CONFIGURATIONS AT A GLANCE|
- Beds for K-Series or Fabri-K Series Press Brake are butted end-to-end with a 1-1/8" gap between the rams to allow reasonable tilt. During operation, the adjoining male dies are positioned so the gap is as close as 1/16" to deliver a continuous die effect.
- Typical bend shapes should be identified to ensure part production without any throat clearance problems. Deeper and/or higher throat designs might be applicable.
- Tandem K-Series Presses do not need to be the same length. Matching tonnages, however, are normally used, but different tonnages can be modified (via hydraulic design changes) so their velocities match to allow proper synchronization.
- Removable wide platens may be installed on one or both machines; however, they will extend between side housings only and therefore, cannot be used for full-length tandem operation.
- Plate Manipulators. Electrically driven, rigid chain driven plate manipulators installed in front and behind the press brake bed provide "hands-off" sheet manipulation. Joystick controls incorporated into two hand controls let you maneuver the sheet to the desired bend location.
- Laser Bend Alignment (Tandem Systems). Two laser line generators — one at each end of the tandem system - project a visible line at the centerline of the installed tooling. A blank with the bend lines marked is moved into the press brake until the mark and the visible laser line are aligned and the press brake is cycled to accurately complete the bend. An optional center-mount (removable) laser line generator is available when a single press brake of the tandem system is to be used.
- Part Extractor. Electrically-driven, chain-driven extractor system moves along the lower tooling to remove a formed part that either cannot be removed from the front of the press brake or is more easily removed by sliding it out of one end of a tandem system.
- Support Arms (heavy-duty) of up to 4' in length can be installed on the bed of the press brake for plate fabrication material support. Disappearing stops for bend location are available as an option.
- Material Supports (floor mounted) support rails with ball transfers for sheet metal and light plate, or solid steel rollers for heavy plate. Material supports can be specified in lengths of 6' to 20' rails spaced at approximately 3' centers. This configuration provides a staging area for sheets and support while moving the sheet into the bending location.
|Tonnage (in lbs)||Length of horn required for each tandem press, adjacent reams and beds only.||Distance between housing||Weight addition for each press horn additions|